On 11 October I took part - for the first time - in Project Linus Charity Day organised by Lynda Hill for Linus Leicester. I was organised at the Rocheberie Quilters meeting place in Rugby and free tea and cake were provided throughout the day.
The day was thoroughly enjoyable, relaxed and friendly, I made a new friend or two and selected a pack of random patches organised by Lynda. My crazy patchwork panels were colourful and bright in some very child-friendly colours and fabrics. I sashed them to make them stand out and added a simple patch of teddies to contrast with the busy-ness of the crazy patches.
I backed the quilt in navy fleece and did some free motion quilting with some lovely varigated thread. A red bias binding around the edge, carefully hand stitched one evening finished off the quilt perfectly.
It is the first quilt I have made for this very worthy cause and I can't wait to get started with the next.