THIS DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH INTEREST - MAYBE I'LL TRY AGAIN SOME OTHER TIME!!!
MANY APOLOGIES FOR THOSE THAT DID SIGN UP ON FLICKR
I have wanted to make a couple of childrens 'I spy' quilts for a while, but have found it hard to find enough fabric to make a suitable one.
I could go out and purchase lots and lots of novelty fabric - finding the right fabric is not the issue ... making it economical is!!!
It would cost a fortune to find enough fabric, then wasteful for the rest of the fabric ... I have trawled the internet to find shops that sell novelty charm packs but never came across any that I thought would either give me enough fabric for a decent sized quilt or that I liked each and every fabric.
I have decided to host my own 'I Spy' Fabric swap.
I will need 28 members.
The swap will run like this;
1. Each member purchases 1m of fabric suitable for use in an 'I spy' quilt. I
opened a flick account here which explains what type of fabric is suitable and will have some photos soon.
2. Members cut fabric into 50 x 5" squares.
3. The cut fabric is sent to me (along with a cheque to cover postage fees to send you a pack back)
4. I organise the fabric into 28 new packs, two of each fabric x 56 squares and send them back to you.
5. Members make, create and can post pictures to inspire ... above all having fun in the process!!!
Just some ideas of what can be created;
Interested then either leave a comment here or hop on over the flickr link here and sign up there.
Once I have members signing up I will have a better indication of time frames for choosing fabric, giving you enough time to cut and then sending it to me!!
Look forward to hearing from you!!!