Sunday 23 November 2008

Thank You Rocheberie Quilters


I attended the Rocheberie Quilters group for the second time yesterday and must say how wonderful it was and how happy I am that I have found it. The meeting was packed to the brim with wonderfully talented people, all of whom have something to give.


There were several stalls offering mini tutorials and instructions on various crafts - there was a Chrismas Tree Mouse decoration complete with materials (I sat and made one during the speaker - I apologise but it does help me concentrate by have something to do with my hands). There was also a tutorial on a wine glass sock, a jester bag (which I am definately going to have a go at as a gift idea - thank you Denise), and a shopping bag with free materials - to make up for a Leukaemia charity. There was also a quilting goods trader, quilting magazines to take (donation given), the raffle prize table and various people selling their wares. I seleceted a couple of mags to look through and chose a couple of jar quilt packs to make up for Linus.


I was in heaven, there cannot be anything nicer in life than to chat with like-minded indivuals, each with different ideas and talents. The tea and cake provided was also another favourite way of spending the day. I sat and chatted, swapping ideas, finding out new blogs for patterns and was truly inspired during the Show and Tell by all the amazing works of art.


To top off the day we were all given a free jelly roll. This was apparently an early Christmas gift and was very well received, everyone was stunned by this wonderful gift. We were also attended by Stephanie Redfearn a ceramist turned textile artist. Her work was beautiful and has really motivated me to get cracking with my next project.


So, a great big massive Thank you to Rochberie for another wonderful meeting.


2 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Welcome Caroline,
I started my blog in September after reading other quilt blogs for many months. I have enjoyed the experience immensely and hope that you will too.
Quilting is a great hobby and there are so many wonderful quilters around the globe.
Do come and visit my blog at : http: quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
Anna

Sew Create It - Jane said...

So pleased you enjoyed the day...I've been busy updating the Rocheberie website...go and have a look and let me know what you think :o)