Thursday 8 January 2009

Farm Quilt



I'm well on the way to completing the Farm quilt I started at the beginning of December. I only have the quilting to do - which shouldn't take long as I am just stitching in the ditch - and the bias to add which I can do in the evenings.


It is a little heavy going on the old applique but I can truly say that it is an original work, designed and drawn by me. I'm pretty proud to be honest, I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination but I'm happy with how it's turned out.


I'm going to have a break from applique for the next quilt. I quite fancy having a go at some wonky log-cabin blocks that I found here.

See you soon
Caroline

8 comments:

Julie said...

lovely job caroline!
i love the rooster the best.
julie

Joy said...

Wow, it's fabulous :o). I'm with Julie, the rooster is gorgeous, but I love the cows too, they're adorable!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks great! I'm impressed that you drew all the appliqué yourself...That's something I'd like to have a go with, but haven't got round to it yet.

BTW love the new theme for your blog...much easier to read :o)

sewkalico said...

Oh Caroline it's stunning! I definitely think you could sell the pattern. Wish I had more time to sew and then I'd be your first customer LOL!

BTW, thanks for your comments on my blog, but I can't reply directly as you are set to 'no-reply' :-(

Louann said...

Very nice. It is so cute. That is a great pattern.

Carol E. said...

May I add a link to your blog in my list of Carols who quilt? I just thought it would be fun to link up the Carols, and who knows.. maybe we will think of a Carol project to do together. What do you think?

Julie said...

hi caroline,
could you please show your email inyour profile? this is why you are set to no reply. also, i need to email you re the easter swap.
thanks,
julie

Desiree said...

That is such a cute quilt! You did a great job drawing all those animals!!!