Thursday 29 November 2012

My name is Caroline, and I'm addicted to ....


CROCHET!!

 I have tried to teach myself crochet before, but I just couldn't master it.
Then I bought a copy of a Woman's Weekly Stitch & Sew Special magazine and fell in love with a Granny Square Retro Blanket.

I wanted something for the back of my sofa in the living room which is predominantly in cream and soft blue/duck egg ... so I bought a selection of Rowan Aran wool in colours that didn't quite fit the idea in my head, but complimented each other perfectly.

I ended up not following the pattern completely but once I got started I just couldn't stop.
I started this blanket just over a year ago, after my husband left me.
It feels almost right, that now I am in a much happier place and about to have my first child that the blanket has finally been completed.



There are 100 squares in total 10 rows of 10 squares, making it a decent lap sized blanket. 
being made from Aran makes it wonderfully warm and quite heavy for the winter months ahead.

I do admit that although its been over a year since I started it I didn't do any over the Summer in preference of being in the garden, going for long evening walks etc but the last couple of months of cold. wind, rain and grey skies made me knuckle down at last.

Over tha last few weeks I've also managed to crochet another blanket for the baby and I'm just about to complete another one very soon.

Crochet is addictive!!!
I can't wait to get my hands on some more wool so I can try my hand at making some hats for the baby next.

Thank you for all the previous comments regarding my baby news xxx
It's good to be back blogging again xxx

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a stunning blanket...you did a fantastic job and the colours are lovely!

Sarah said...

Your granny squares are beautiful. I love to crochet too - very rewarding and works up nice and quickly (even over a year).

Lynda said...

Crochet is really fairly easy - you only ever have one stitch to drop! The blanket looks lovely - have you tried the quily version? That's addictive too!

Wendy said...

Yes it is addictive, but what a gorgeous blanket! and congratulations on the baby.