Sunday 5 June 2011

Simply Scrap Happy

I'm still here, alive and well!!!


I've had a pretty stressful couple of months and I'm trying to stay positive and grateful for all the wonderful things that are in my life.

This week I've been busy, as usual but I decided that I have had enough of the endless scraps of fabric floating about. Some of them are still left over from the very first quilts I made!!

Inspired by the many colourful quilts from the book Fresh Quilting linked here and Elizabeth Hartman's book here I fell in love with a block and decided to play.

I tipped all my scraps into a big basket and got simply, scrap happy!!!


I was going to stop at 6 blocks by 6 and make it into a baby quilt but it's quite addictive and I will keep expanding it until I'm happy.




I love the design, the vibrancy and the nostalgic moments I had when lifting out fabric I'd forgotten about. It's been quite a cathartic experience to get involved with my scraps.


The funny thing is that although the basket was full to overflowing when I started ... 42 blocks later, it is still full to overflowing!


Do you think fabric scraps multiply??

3 comments:

ferne said...

I know they multiply! At least at my house they do and I really want to make them all into something so I'd better get to work!

Margarita said...

They sure do, does not seem to matter how many I use there is alwasy more in hiding somewhere.

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Mine multiply too; I believe I could make scraps quilts for a year without making a dent. Using scraps is fun though, and I love your bright and happy string blocks!