Thursday 26 August 2010

Colour Play Thursday ...

I'm having great fun at the moment, playing with colours whilst trying hard to use up some scraps that I have had since the very first quilt I made.
I started off making my blocks based on a wonky log cabin technique.
Sashing just had to be white - I used a sheet I found for 99p from the Ikea bargain basement bin!

I'm not sure about whether to add a border of coloured squares around my blocks - what do you think???


Hope you've been having as much fun with your creations.
Glitter Text Generator
Glitter Text Generator

10 comments:

loulee said...

I like the whole thing, especially with a border.

Gina said...

They look great sashed

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Zlaty said...

I love all the colorful blocks! I do like your idea of the squares in the border!

Very pretty!

Pat said...

Your work is most beautiful, my dear. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Quilting!

Julie said...

What a bargain at Ikea, I love the sashings too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks beautiful! Great way to use up scraps while being a stunning quilt at the same time.

Liz said...

This quilt looks lovely Caroline. I only wish I had such lovely leftovers to make something similar.

Lynda said...

Definitely a border! Looking good!

Andie Johnson said...

Love it! Love, love it!

liz said...

Yep. I think the border looks right. A very pretty quilt and a good way to use up scraps.