Friday 12 February 2010

Elephants on Parade

I've managed to finish the Elephants on Parade quilt although these photo's just do not do the quilt any justice. I promise to take better pictures, outdoors - once we actually get some sun here in the UK!

I decided to quilt it fairly simply with some stitch-in-the-ditch and 1/4" seam quilting. Not very adventurous I know but I wanted the design to speak for itself.


I had the urge to try something I have never done before and that was to make some simple pieced baskets.
Sorry about the photo again!!!!
Note to self - improve photography skills or no-one will want to look at your blog!!!
I have plans for these little baskets and will hopefully get them completed over the weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

7 comments:

loulee said...

The elephants are adorable.

Katrina Turner said...

Hi hun!

Your elephant quilt is adorable, so cute, love the elephants! Oh how I wish I could do that!

Your photos are fine! I wish I could improve my photograhy skills though. The dull weather definately does not help.

I think the Brinklow craft group may be up and running come April as the Church hall reopens at the end of March, I'll be in touch with the deets!

Me, you and Annika will have to get together again soon for a paper crafting session!

Hope you are Ok.

Hugs,
Katrina xx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

both quilts look great!

Anonymous said...

Love your Elephants and I certainly think that ditch stitching will be enough.
Love the little baskets too. Can't wait to see what you make.
Now when you figure out how to take better photos, let me know please. My photos seem so boring.

Lynda said...

Perfect quilting plan! When variegated thread first came out, people used it to machine quilt all over their quilts - completely ruining them, to my mind. It's much better to quilt in sympathy with the design - as you have done!

Sarah said...

I love the elephants. I must admit appliqué isn't my favourite to to - but when it's done as well as you do it - it looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your great work with us all.

Millie said...

The elephants quilt is so sweet and cute!