Working in the kitchen, from home can be great - the advantages include always being there for deliveries, being able to do what you want, when you want. But the disadvantages in my case far outweigh the benefits;
- I pratically took over the kitchen and the living room with threads and fabric - as much as hubby loves me he really can't stand what he calls 'mess' and I call 'creativity' ,
- Often poor hubby can't even find the table under the array of fabrics - never mind eating off it, hence lots of indigestion eating off our knees - oh dear!!
- Hubby and Henri, our Jack Russell have been the victims of being pricked by dropped pins!!! Whoops!!
- There is also the distraction of TV, computer, eating, having yet another cup-of-tea to help with inspiration, if I'm desperate even housework took me away from work!!
- There is also my pet hate of 'having' to tidy up when I am at my most creative - I can never seem to get back into the groove afterwards.
I hate to go on but really, something had to give. After searching on-line for a studio for rent I came across one that sounded too good to be true, not far from home. I e-mailed the owner, had a brief look on a Sunday evening, took hubby back for a second look the next day, weighed up the benefits and moved in on Wednesday. Wow, am I lucky. This place is great, reasonable and allows me to work undistracted and our home to return to exactly that - a wonderful retreat and family home without chaos!!
I hope I won't make you too envious !! Enjoy some picture and apologies for the heavy use of text!!!