Tuesday 3 February 2009

The North Wind Doth Blow and We Shall Have Snow...

On my Birthday!!!!

I woke up yesterday morning to find a light dusting of snow on the ground - it was a lovely treat on my Birthday. After opening presents in bed at 6am, I took my Jack Russell Henri out for his morning walkies, he loved the snow. I know he looks a bit silly in his coat, I don't really believe in dressing pets up but he does get terribly cold.



This is one of the views from the field behind our house - the weather did look terribly bleak but today the sun has been shining and it was just as though we had never had snow.




I had a wonderful array of presents - since my partner and I are frantically saving to pay for our wedding in June I decided that I would only ask for presents that I really, really needed, well he did ask me to write a list!!! I asked for some quilting bits and bobs that would see me through the year - and between him and his wonderful parents this is what I received ....

Lots of wonderful goodies and more besides I also got a leather thimble, a necklace, Mamma Mia DVD, a new cutting board and quilting book. Nothing could make me happier. I have enough to keep me out of trouble for weeks!!!


This weekend I have been experimenting with hexagons - I am trying to work through my stash and found a collection of Liberty Tana Lawn fabric that Tony bought me when I first started quilting. I haven't really known what to do with them and was inspired by the gorgeous rose quilt here that I decided to give it a whirl. I arranged the colours into seasonal shades since there seemed to be a collection of brights, neutrals, oranges/browns and blues. I have no idea how the quilt will come together but I think this one will be for keeps.

I'll leave you for now with this photo I took, of snowdrops, the day before the snow arrived. I rather liked it!!! I'll see you on Friday.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Snow day! Good luck with the hexagons -- I've not braved them yet!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday! I love your hexies.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy Birthday!! It was my daughter's birthday on the 2nd too! (the big daughter that came to Rochebeire)
Glad you were sprinkled with lovely quilty presents...they are the best kind :o)

sewkalico said...

Belated Birthday wishes. What a great selection of quilty gifts. Love your hexagon's!! Can't wait to see what you do with them.